- 2 pounds sirloin steak (cubed)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- 2 x 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced and seeded
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Coat steak with cornstarch.
- Cook in a large oiled skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring constantly.
- Drain the meat on paper towels.
- Clean the skillet and add the steak and all other ingredients to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the lid and cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until sauce is thick and meat is tender.
- Serve with flour tortillas.